Will this filter be suitable for my pond?
1. Suitability will be dependent on volume of water, fish stock,
and conditions (shade/sunlight).
2. Please see guide on carton/website.
What pump is suitable to be used with this filter?
Normally in the region of a 9,000 litre/hour pump, although this may vary,
depending on the size of your pond and fish stock.
How long before the water starts to clear?
Normally the water should start to clear in 1-3 weeks but can take up
to 1-2 months if the pond is very green.
Should I run the filter for 24 hours a day all year?
Yes, except when there is a risk of the water freezing. The filter and pump
should then both be turned off, water emptied from the filter bucket and
the pump removed from the pond. Once the water has thawed, the filter
and pump can be restarted.
How often should I change the foams and seals?
These will deteriorate in time so should be inspected and, if required, changed annually.
Clean water is coming out when I do a clean cycle.
1. Has the filter been running long enough for sufficient dirt to have built up on the foams?
2. Is the hose attached to the clean outlet running downhill, not flat or uphill?
3. Is the pump of sufficient size for the filter?
4. Have you carried out the test described in the instruction leaflet to determine if the foams are being compressed?
Water constantly leaks from the sludge outlet.
The sludge blanking cap must be on at all times, except when performing
a clean cycle.
There is no power cable/UV light etc.
This is filter offers biological filtration only. It does not have a UV light or
Are there service kits available?
Yes, replacement filter foam and piston sets are available to order on our